05 July 2014

Week 179

A new month and a new sponsor for us here at "Less is More". In fact Mary from
 is a regular sponsor for us and we are really pleased that she is continuing to support our challenges.
Do check out her shop, she has the most amazing range of ribbons, trimmings and embellishments!

As always the first challenge of each month is a colour challenge and this time we have chosen
Earth Tones.
We are lucky to have another Guest Designer again this week. She is no stranger to you... a huge supporter of our challenges and someone who always visits lots of other entrants to leave a welcome comment.
It's 
You will find details of this card on her blog, do please pay her a visit to say Hi!

The patterned papers are from Doodlebug, sentiment is Clearly Besotted
and leaf dies are from Marianne Creatables.
To add a bit of interest I've adhered some pearls from my stash to the leaves.
I've finally given in and succumbed to the stencilling fashion, bought some Sweet Poppy metal stencils at Portsmouth last week and have been really enjoying playing with them!  The teasels are a Lavinia Stamps design, I've used glossy black embossing paste for them and used Pan Pastels to create an earthy coloured background.  More earthtones and inspiration on my blog.

Here is another watercolour, stamped picture made with Art Impressions Stamps. I just used a bunch of Distress Inks, evening out and releasing a little more colour with a  brush. The sentiment is from Stamplorations. All mounted on Dienamics pierced Stax shapes.
There are some more earth tone cards on my blog.
Jen


I thought I would make a card in a slightly different style for todays challenge.  I have used a tag from the new Journal It set out later today from Clearly Besotted Stamps and layered in on an embossing paste background with a few stars and some stitching.
Sorry if I did not manage to get to you all this week.  My brother got the keys to his house so most of the week has been sorting out stuff ready for yesterdays hectic move.


I'm sure that you have been delighted by the diligence of our two new designers Anne and Sarah, who have visited entrants' blogs most meticulously, to leave a friendly comment. I hope you will return the compliment by visiting their blogs too... they always have an extra titbit for you to see there!
***


4 comments:

  1. I love earth tones. Thank you for the inspiration, your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for another fun challenge and beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the stunning inspirations ladies! Another super challenge too Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Earth toned cards ladies, welcome again to Jan :D, sorry I'm so late :D x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE NOTE: SPAM COMMENTS WILL NEVER BE PUBLISHED!

Thank you for your support and encouraging messages. We love to see you on our personal blogs too.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.